Research Assistant/Associate (f/m/d)
PhD students for "Hybrid Powertrains" (TME 107_230100)
- +49 241 80-48080
- Send Email
Lehrstuhl für Thermodynamik mobiler Energiewandlungssysteme und Institut für Thermodynamik
At the Chair of Thermodynamics of Mobile Energy Conversion Systems (TME) and the Center for Mobile Propulsion (CMP) under the direction of Prof. Dr.-Ing. (USA) Stefan Pischinger, research on all topics concerning the vehicle powertrain is conducted. Core focus is still the research on conventional combustion engine development like the implementation of innovative engine designs, fundamental research on more efficient combustion processes also in combination with alternative fuels or the improvement of the engine mechanics and aftertreatment systems. Additional research areas include virtual engine development, hybrid powertrains, electromobility as well as fuel cells and mechatronics for combustion engines. At any time research is closely associated with the ongoing development of intelligent methods for test procedures and engine calibration. The Chair of Thermodynamics of Mobile Energy Conversion Systems employs more than 260 scientific, technical and administrative employees as well as student assistants.
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in mechanical or electrical engineering with concentration on control technology or comparable disciplines is preferred
- Pronounced basic knowledge at the above-mentioned working priorities
- Proficient computer and software skills (MS Office, Matlab/Simulink, INCA etc.)
- Good English knowledge (written & spoken)
- High degree of initiative, discipline and organizational skills
- Ability to work scientifically and independently
- Creativity, flexibility, team ability
Your Duties and Responsibilities
Mechanical or electrical engineer with the main focus on systems & control technology.
- Set-up of simulation models for subsystems and the entire hybrid powertrain
- Set-up and testing of controls and control algorithms on research carriers inclusively V2V and V2X infrastructure
- Development of smart vehicle operation strategies with minimized energy demand
- Supervision of component test benches
- Supervision of engine test benches
- X-in-the-loop activities (i.e. HiL, MiL, SiL)
- Collaboration in the field of vehicle calibration
What We Offer
The successful candidate will be employed under a regular employment contract.
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible date and offered for a fixed term to 1 year.
An extension for 2 years is provided.
This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary is based on the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
The position corresponds to a pay grade of EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH is a certified family-friendly University. We support our employees in maintaining a good work-life balance with a wide range of health, advising, and prevention services, for example university sports. Employees who are covered by collective bargaining agreements and civil servants have access to an extensive range of further training courses and the opportunity to purchase a job ticket.
RWTH is an equal opportunities employer. We therefore welcome and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates, particularly from groups that are underrepresented at the University. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability or age. RWTH is strongly committed to encouraging women in their careers. Female applicants are given preference if they are equally suitable, competent, and professionally qualified, unless a fellow candidate is favored for a specific reason.
As RWTH is committed to equality of opportunity, we ask you not to include a photo in your application.
You can find information on the personal data we collect from applicants in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at http://www.rwth-aachen.de/dsgvo-information-bewerbung.
|Mailing Address:||RWTH Aachen University|
Lehrstuhl für Thermodynamik Mobiler Energiewandlungssysteme (TME)
Dr. Marco Günther
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email. For data protection reasons, however, we recommend sending applications via mail.