WorkshopsCopyright: © RWTH Aachen | TME
The areas of activity of the construction workshop include:
- Acceptance of goods and organisation of parts inspections with all departments involved
- Organization of KickOff Dates and PAP Meetings
- Preparations of the superstructures incl. parts procurement
- Engine construction in test bench pallets incl. production of required parts
- Design and drawing of turned, milled and 3D printed parts
- Modifications of exhaust systems, as well as introduction of measuring points
- Organization of acceptance tests and engine starts
- The scanning and unscanning of bricks is part of our field of activity.
Test bench workshop
The areas of activity of the test bench workshop include:
- Installation and removal of test specimens
- Modifications to the test bench on the part of the test bench and the test object
- Maintenance, conversion and modification of conditioning plants and load units
- New construction and conversion of special systems and load units, for example: thermal shock, cold/warm, climatic load, etc.
- All types of welding work, for example: exhaust systems, holders, racks, etc.
- Fuel delivery
- Storage and retrieval of fuel, oil, glycol, etc.
- Disposal of fuel, oil, coolants, emulsion, electrical scrap, etc.
- Organisation of transport
- Loading and unloading of goods
- Consulting activities for new designs on the part of test bench construction
- Management and purchase of new tools
The areas of activity of the mechanical workshop include:
- Manufacture of turned and milled parts – CNC production possible – for test stand construction according to
drawings or sketches from the following materials: aluminium, steel, stainless steel, plastic and copper.
- Machining of existing components, workpieces
- Saw cuts up to Ø320
- special materials can be ordered upon request
- Help with questions regarding the design and manufacture of engines or test bench components
- Catalyst, DPF drilling samples
- sheet metal works